Deepsikha has set up a help desk at the B. Baruah Cancer Institute (BBCI) in Guwahati. BBCI is the premiere Regional Institute meant for treatment and research on cancer in the North-Eastern region. This desk caters to various needs of the patients in the out patient department like:
- Offering help in registration and in meeting the respective doctors in the OPD.
- Guidance and helping the patients below poverty line to obtain financial assistance from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund and other sources.
- Guiding the poor patients with the procedural details to obtain free treatment at BBCI.
- Organizing blood for cancer patients undergoing operations as and when required.
- Guiding the cancer patients and their families to find suitable accommodation of their choice within the proximity of BBCI.
- Arranging ambulance services as and when required.
- Providing financial assistance to the poor cancer patients whenever possible.
- Providing psychological support to patients and their relatives in making them believe that they are not alone in their fight against cancer.
Thousands of patients have benefited from the services of this help desk since the day of its inception.